Estheticians are licensed skincare professionals who provide facials, hair removal and other treatments to help maintain clients' personal appearance. Estheticians work for dermatologists, salons, spas, clinics and resorts.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Esthetician Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate Esthetician to perform skin, body and hair removal treatments. The Esthetician will consult with clients to assess their requirements, make informed recommendations and explain services, assist them to select appropriate treatments, and ensure their care and satisfaction. The Esthetician will ensure treatments start and end on time. You will maintain knowledge to promote and sell services and retail products. You will ensure work areas are clean and tidy, equipment is sanitized and linens are clean at all times, and treat clients in a courteous and empathetic manner.
To ensure success you should meet revenue goals, ensure client retention and build a solid client base. Ideal candidates will be empathetic, caring and professional, and have the ability to make others feel good about themselves.
- Providing waxing, facials, body treatments, and makeup applications and lessons.
- Adhering to appointments in a timely manner by monitoring time schedule.
- Welcoming clients in a warm, friendly manner, accompanying them to and from treatment rooms, and thanking them sincerely on departure.
- Interviewing clients to obtain information about contraindications, and examining skin to evaluate suitability of treatments.
- Advising clients on skin care, and recommending suitable treatments and home care regimens.
- Engaging and conversing with clients during sessions on topics relating to their interests.
- Maintaining product knowledge to promote and sell spa and salon services, and retail products.
- Adhering to esthetics policies pertaining to chemical usage, and cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance of equipment.
- Caring for linens and replacing them between sessions.
- Ceasing treatment and informing supervisor in the event of inappropriate guest behavior.
- State licensure to practice as an Esthetician.
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Proficient in performing all applicable treatments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding people skills and warm, friendly manner.
- Ability to stand for extended periods and to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources