Dermatologists are medical practitioners who specialize in treating conditions of the skin, most commonly acne, sunburn and skin cancer. Dermatological duties include taking consultations, providing screening tests and undertaking non-invasive surgical procedures.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Dermatologist Job Description Template
We are seeking a specialized candidate for the role of dermatologist. The duties of a dermatologist include consulting with patients and determining skin ailments, prescribing medication, undertaking skin therapy treatment or performing non-intrusive surgery and referring patients to other specialists if the skin condition does not fall under his/her medical skill set.
Additionally, dermatologists should be good listeners, attentive to the concerns of patients, excellent communicators and skin health educators and should be proficient with dermatological tools for skin repair.
- Offering skin consultations.
- Evaluating patient skin conditions by screening for disease.
- Utilizing patient medical history as part of skin assessments.
- Prescribing medication for the treatment of skin conditions.
- Performing non-invasive surgical procedures on skin.
- Refering patients to advanced specialists.
- Talking to patients about the status of their skin health.
- Medical Degree with specialization in Dermatology.
- Completion of all three parts of the US Medical Licensing Exam.
- Completion of a three-year dermatology residency.
- Attainment of a medical license.
- Proficiency with dermatological tools such as Comedone Extractors, Lancet Extractors and Cryoguns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with mathematics.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources