Beauty Therapists perform various non-medical face and body treatments using their knowledge of skin biology, skin physiology, and cosmetic chemistry. They provide skin and hair removal treatments, massage therapy, as well as manicures and pedicures.
Beauty Therapist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a committed Beauty Therapist to provide various face and body treatments to clients. The Beauty Therapist’s responsibilities include advising clients on suitable treatments, answering all beauty-related questions, and ensuring that all tools and instruments are sterilized after every use. You should also be able to recommend appropriate skin care products and daily skin care regimens.
To be successful as a Beauty Therapist, you should be able to exercise caution when using certain products, tools, and equipment. Ultimately, an exceptional Beauty Therapist should be able to effectively customize clients’ beauty treatments to achieve the best results.
Beauty Therapist Responsibilities:
- Evaluating clients’ beauty needs by asking questions and performing skin analyses.
- Providing facial and body hair removal treatments.
- Performing various massage techniques on clients’ face, hands, feet, and back.
- Explaining all treatment procedures to clients.
- Performing various skin treatments according to clients’ needs, such as peels, facials, and skin rejuvenation treatments.
- Providing manicures and pedicures.
- Offering clients advice on cosmetic and skincare products.
- Properly sterilizing beauty tools and equipment after every use.
- Ensuring that used inventory is replaced.
Beauty Therapist Requirements:
- Relevant qualification in Beauty Therapy.
- An active license to practice beauty therapy.
- Proven experience working in the beauty industry.
- Sound knowledge of skin biology, skin physiology, and cosmetic chemistry.
- The ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- A professional appearance.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources