Beauticians provide customers with beauty services to improve their outward appearance to their specifications and needs. Beauticians are also known as Cosmetologists, Aestheticians, Hair Stylists or Hair Dressers.
When interviewing Beauticians, look for candidates who demonstrate active listening skills, creativity, and a working knowledge of current beauty trends.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Beauticians
1. How would you advise a difficult client on a more suitable hair style than the one she or he has chosen?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities.
2. Can you recommend a skin care regime for a sixteen-year-old girl with oily, acne prone skin?
Look for candidates who demonstrate a working knowledge of skin care therapies as well as good interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates who recommend unsuitable products.
3. What would you suggest to a client suffering from dandruff?
Demonstrates knowledge of skin care therapies and products.
4. Can you describe the steps necessary to do a full gelish manicure?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of appropriate nail care steps.
5. What hair removal treatment would you advise for a female client with sensitive skin, prone to ingrown hairs, who wants to remove the hair under her arms?
Demonstrates the candidates' knowledge of hair removal techniques and therapies, as well as interpersonal skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources