Interview Questions for Beauticians:
1. How would you advise a difficult client on a more suitable hairstyle than the one she or he has chosen?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
2. Can you recommend a skincare regime for a sixteen-year-old girl with oily, acne-prone skin?
Look for candidates who demonstrate a working knowledge of skincare therapies as well as good interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates who recommend unsuitable products.
3. What would you suggest to a client suffering from dandruff?
Demonstrates knowledge of skincare therapies and products.
4. Can you describe the steps necessary to do a full gelish manicure?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of appropriate nail care steps.
5. What hair removal treatment would you advise for a female client with sensitive skin, prone to ingrown hairs, who wants to remove the hair under her arms?
Demonstrates the candidates' knowledge of hair removal techniques and therapies, as well as interpersonal skills.