A Beautician can be known by many titles depending on the specialization: Aesthetician, Cosmetologist, Hair Stylist, and Hair Dresser. Ultimately, a Beautician's responsibility is to improve the physical appearance of clients and to help them to feel better about themselves.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Beautician Job Description Template
We are looking for a well-presented Beautician to provide beauty services to our clients. These services include hair care, skin care, nail care, hair removal treatments, and advising clients on personal care routines to match their style and needs. You should listen to your clients in order to provide them with the best styles and services.
To be a successful Beautician, you should have a wide range of skills in beauty services, good communication skills, and the ability to advise clients on suitable hairstyles, nail colors, and skin care regimes. You should also have the retail skills necessary to sell other beauty services and products.
- Shampooing, cutting, styling, and coloring hair, as well as massaging and treating scalps.
- Applying makeup, performing facials, and recommending skin care therapies.
- Performing manicures and pedicures, nail art, and color recommendations.
- Performing permanent and temporary hair removal treatments, such as electrolysis, laser hair removal, and waxing.
- Suggesting guidlines on personal skin care regimes.
- Cross-selling beauty therapies and products.
- Making appointments and documenting treatments.
- Keeping your work station and tools clean and sterile.
- Stock taking.
- A certification in a cosmetology, aesthetic, or related field.
- A licence in a cosmetology field.
- A working knowledge of skin care therapies, hair removal techniques, and beauty products and trends.
- Strong creative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Steady and dexterous hands.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources