Skincare Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a passionate skincare specialist to improve the health and appearance of our clients' skin and offer recommendations for skincare products and routines. You will be required to do waxing or lasering to remove unwanted hair and to keep your work area hygienic at all times.
To ensure success as a skincare specialist, you should possess an in-depth knowledge of lifestyle, health, and skincare issues and should enjoy teaching your clients about methods to improve their appearance. An excellent skincare specialist should keep abreast of current skincare treatments to provide the best service.
Skincare Specialist Responsibilities:
- Assessing the condition of clients' skin and providing the appropriate treatment.
- Providing skincare treatments, such as peels, masks, and scrubs, to remove dead or dry skin.
- Massaging the head, neck, or full body to improve the health and appearance of customers’ skin and make them feel relaxed.
- Advising clients about healthy living and steps to reduce the aging process.
- Recommending skincare products and teaching customers about skincare techniques.
- Educating customers about make-up application techniques.
- Keeping updated records of clients’ skincare regimens.
- Recommending skincare products, such as cleansers, lotions, and creams, and selling these to clients.
- Sterilizing equipment and ensuring work areas are clean and sanitary.
Skincare Specialist Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Certification from a state-approved esthetician or cosmetology training program.
- A state license.
- Completion of approximately 600 working hours (state-dependent), setting up workstations, sanitizing equipment, and performing treatments.
- Stamina to endure providing massages and long working hours.
- Up-to-date knowledge of skincare health and safety protocols.
- Above-average customer service skills and a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Excellent time-management skills and strict adherence to appointment scheduling.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and administrative tasks.