Cosmetologist Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative, innovative cosmetologist to be responsible for helping our clients to perfect their outward appearance with hair, nail, skin, and makeup stylings. A cosmetologist will cut, color, and style hair, care for skin and nails, and care for wigs and hairpieces. You may also be required to do some basic business tasks.
To be a successful cosmetologist, you should have a passion for the beauty industry and remain up-to-date on the latest hair, nail, skin care, and makeup trends. You should be innovative with a strong sense of style, and committed to creating unique styles for our customers.
- Working with hair, such as cut, shampoo, style, and color, and using chemical solutions, such as bleaches and dyes.
- Using equipment, such as scissors, clippers, curlers, straighteners, and dryers.
- Caring for and selling wigs and hairpieces.
- Providing skin care treatments, such as scalp treatments, massages, and facials, and using a variety of lotions and creams.
- Shaping eyebrows and removing or trimming unwanted hair from the face.
- Giving demonstrations and advice on makeup use.
- Caring for nails, such as softening and trimming cuticles, shaping nails, and applying nail polish.
- Keeping your work area and equipment clean and sanitary.
- Performing business tasks, such as answering phones and making appointments.
- Developing new hairstyle, makeup application techniques, and other beauty treatment processes.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- A certification from a recognized cosmetology school.
- A state license.
- Excellent customer service, listening, and communication skills.
- Strong creative ability and attention to detail.
- A willingness to engage in further education.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers.