Cosmetologists work with clients to style and perfect hair, skin, nails, and makeup. They are also known as Beauty Operators, Beauticians, Hairdressers, and Manicurists.
When interviewing Cosmetologists, look for candidates who demonstrate current knowledge of beauty trends as well as creative ability. Take note of candidates who lack strong listening, communication, and customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Cosmetologists:
1. If your client insisted on a specific hairstyle that you know will not suit him or her, how would you change their minds?
Demonstrates candidates' creativity and customer service and communication skills.
2. What is your favorite makeup application technique and why?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of the makeup industry and techniques.
3. What would you recommend for a client suffering from severe dry scalp?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of skin care and hair products and methods.
4. What equipment and techniques do you find most effective in shaping eyebrows?
Demonstrates candidates' experience and knowledge of hair removal techniques.
5. How would you handle a client who does not like the new hair and makeup styles you suggested?
Demonstrates candidates' customer service and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources