Licensed Massage Therapists perform therapeutic massages on clients to relieve discomfort, tension, stress, and pain, as well as to improve blood circulation and relaxation. They knead the muscles and soft tissues of the body using their hands, fingers, elbows, forearms, and feet.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Licensed Massage Therapist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled Licensed Massage Therapist to perform various types of massages on clients. The Licensed Massage Therapist’s responsibilities include greeting and welcoming clients, developing treatment plans for clients, and conferring with healthcare professionals to ensure that treatment plans are suitable for clients. You should also be able to utilize complementary massage aids such as wet compresses and infrared lamps to enhance the massage experience.
To be successful as a Licensed Massage Therapist, you should be able to understand clients’ concerns and answer all massage-related questions. Ultimately, an outstanding Massage Therapist should improve clients’ health issues and overall wellness through customized massage therapies.
Licensed Massage Therapist Responsibilities:
- Examining clients to identify imbalances and painful or tense areas on their bodies.
- Performing various types of massages on clients depending on their needs or preferences, such as Swedish massages, hot stone massages, deep-tissue massages, Shiatsu massages, sports massages, and prenatal massages.
- Discussing clients’ medical histories, problem areas on their bodies, and expectations before initial massage sessions.
- Developing personalized treatment plans for clients which specify the type of massage required, problem areas, and the frequency of massage sessions.
- Referring clients to healthcare professionals where necessary.
- Advising clients on suitable postural improvement techniques and relaxation exercises.
- Maintaining detailed records on clients’ progress and adjustments to treatment plans.
- Ensuring that massage rooms are well stocked with massage supplies.
Licensed Massage Therapist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- State massage therapy license.
- Proven experience working in a spa, massage therapy center, or similar environment.
- Sound knowledge of different massage modalities.
- CPR training.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources