Spa Therapists provide a range of therapeutic massages, beauty treatments, and wellness therapies to spa guests based on their needs and preferences. They are employed by day-spas, hotels, and resorts.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Spa Therapist Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a dedicated and experienced Spa Therapist to perform massages, beauty treatments, and wellness therapies, depending on guests' needs and preferences. The Spa Therapist's responsibilities include greeting and welcoming spa guests, informing guests of spa packages, promotions, and rates, and customizing treatments and therapies to suit guests’ needs. You should also be able to recommend additional spa services and up-sell spa products.
To be successful as a Spa Therapist, you should keep abreast of the latest industry techniques with respect to massages and therapies to provide exceptional customer service. Ultimately, an outstanding Spa Therapist should be able to demonstrate respectfulness, patience, and tact to help guests feel more comfortable and at ease.
Spa Therapist Responsibilities:
- Performing different types of massages, beauty treatments, and wellness therapies.
- Maintaining detailed records of massages, treatments, and therapies performed on each spa guest.
- Communicating with guests during massages to adjust massage techniques as required.
- Resolving guest complaints and reporting any accidents to the supervisor.
- Cleaning and sanitizing work areas, changing treatment room sheets, and sterilizing all instruments and equipment before each use.
- Explaining massages, treatments, and therapies to guests and providing suitable recommendations as needed.
- Ensuring that the spa is adequately stocked with spa supplies and reporting shortages to the supervisor.
- Enquiring about guests' medical conditions and allergies before providing spa services.
Spa Therapist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Licensed in Massage Therapy and Cosmetology or Aesthetics.
- Proven experience working as a Spa Therapist.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and different massage techniques.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Patience and respect.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources