Rehab Aide Job Description Template
We are looking for a patient, dedicated rehab aide to join our team and assist with the physical and clerical tasks in our clinic. The responsibilities of the rehab aide include maintaining the treatment area, prepping for therapy sessions, helping to transport immobile patients, and performing administrative duties.
A successful rehab aide is physically fit, detail-oriented, and a great team player. Ultimately, a top-notch rehab aide will have great interpersonal and communication skills, and should demonstrate the mental fortitude to work with patients and complete clerical tasks.
Rehab Aide Responsibilities:
- Assisting therapists with transporting and preparing patients for treatments.
- Preparing supplies and equipment and setting up treatment rooms for therapy sessions.
- Cleaning equipment and treatment rooms before and after therapy sessions.
- Maintaining equipment and notifying the therapist if there are any problems.
- Performing routine, non-clinical patient care tasks.
- Maintaining inventory supplies, ordering stock, and keeping stock areas clean and organized.
- Completing paperwork and updating patient files.
- Answering phones, setting up appointments, and responding to patient queries.
- Manning the reception desk to greet patients, schedule treatments, and coordinate the therapists and treatment room schedules.
Rehab Aide Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- CPR certification may be advantageous.
- Clerical or clinical experience may be advantageous.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Data entry and computer skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- A good bedside manner.
- Good physical strength and stamina for lifting and moving immobile patients.