Pediatric Medical Assistants are healthcare providers who assist pediatric healthcare professionals with treatment and patient administration. They welcome young patients and obtain patient information at pediatric clinics, outpatient programs, or other pediatric medical facilities. They also ensure that patients are comfortable and treated well.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly personable and skilled Pediatric Medical Assistant to assist us at our pediatric care facility. In this role, your duties include updating medical records and supporting patients and their families. You may also be required to assist pediatric healthcare professionals during examinations.
To ensure success, Pediatric Medical Assistants should demonstrate insight into the fears and anxiety of children under pediatric care. Accomplished candidates have experience at a pediatric care facility and are capable administrators.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Creating a welcoming and positive environment at the pediatric facility.
- Obtaining patient information and updating health records.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments, procedures, and tests.
- Recording patients' vitals and administering vaccines.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene standards of the facility.
- Explaining tests and procedures to young patients and their families in a reassuring way.
- Assisting patients and their families to locate the facility's consultation offices and examination rooms.
- Stocking and sterilizing examination rooms between patients.
- Assisting pediatric healthcare professionals to examine and treat distressed young patients.
- Performing other administrative duties related to the facility on request.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Requirements:
- Accredited Associate's Degree in Applied Science in Medical Assisting, or similar.
- Experience with measuring and recording young patients' vital health statistics.
- State-approved license to administer vaccines and injections.
- Ability to monitor and efficiently communicate information about a patient's condition.
- Knowledge of standard healthcare practices and medical terminology.
- Proficiency in electronic health recordkeeping systems, such as eClinicalWorks and Kareo.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to support and reassure pediatric patients and their families.
- Ability to multitask and follow instructions given by healthcare professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources