Clinical Assistant Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable and friendly clinical assistant to create a positive patient experience at our facility. In this role, you will be responsible for obtaining patient information and providing guidance on clinic procedures. You may also be required to perform minor diagnostic procedures and to sterilize equipment.
To ensure success, clinical assistants should exhibit a proactive approach toward ensuring excellent patient care. Outstanding candidates have clinic administration experience and are able to follow detailed instructions.
Clinical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Creating a positive experience by welcoming and assisting clinic patients.
- Preparing patient files by obtaining personal and health information.
- Maintaining patient data records for evaluation and health insurance purposes.
- Performing minor diagnostic tests and procedures as directed by healthcare professionals.
- Promoting patient safety by maintaining a clean and hygienic environment.
- Mediating between patients and healthcare providers.
- Guiding patients through the clinic's various facilities and procedures.
- Setting up and stocking examination and procedure rooms.
- Sterilizing medical equipment and sanitizing designated areas.
Clinical Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Diploma, certificate, or associate's degree in medical assisting, or similar.
- Clinical assistant certification accredited by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) preferred.
- Experience with clinical procedures such as specimen collection and diagnostic testing.
- Ability to record, monitor, and report a patient's condition to professional personnel.
- Knowledge of healthcare practices, standards, and medical terminology.
- Advanced record-keeping abilities and proficiency in related software, such as Cliniko and Kareo.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to assist and reassure patients.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks as directed by healthcare professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.