Interview Questions for PCAs:
1. Describe a time when you noticed that a client's health was deteriorating. How did you handle the situation?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of how to handle difficult situations, how they report concerns, and how they treat the client.
2. Why did you become a PCA? What about the job appeals to you?
Reveals more about the candidate's personality. Look for candidates who exhibit kindness and empathy.
3. How do you balance medical needs and emotional needs?
Shows emotional intelligence.
4. Describe the level of care you have provided and tasks you’ve done for other clients. Do you specialize in any conditions, ages, etc?
Supports job knowledge.
5. How would you handle an emergency situation? Provide examples, if able.
Tests the ability to handle stress.