PCA Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate PCA to work in the home of individuals who have healthcare challenges and need domestic assistance. The PCA is responsible for providing meals, doing light home cleaning and assisting individuals with basic hygiene activities.
To be successful as a PCA you must have patience and a passion for helping others. A good PCA provides care whilst ensuring that the individual's dignity is maintained.
- Travel to clients' homes daily.
- Prepare meals for the client.
- Do light cleaning in the home.
- Ensure that clients take their medication.
- Assist clients with hygiene activities such as bathing and using the bathroom.
- A first aid qualification would be advantageous.
- Own transport.
- Housekeeping skills.
- Compassion for others.
- Patience with difficult clients.
- Physical strength to help clients with mobility problems.
- Prior experience in home health care.