Home Health Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking for an empathetic and patient home health nurse to administer medication and create an ongoing report on the patient's progress. A home health nurse's responsibilities include working with other healthcare professionals to create treatment plans, ensuring that patients stick to treatment plans, and monitoring patients' vital signs.
To be successful as a home health nurse you should have patience as well as be empathetic towards patients and their families.
Home Health Nurse Responsibilities:
- Administering medication to patients.
- Creating reports to track the patients' progress.
- Working with other professionals to create treatment plans.
- Cleaning and re-dressing wounds if needed.
- Measuring vital signs.
- Monitoring changes in behavior and progress.
Home Health Nurse Requirements:
- At a minimum, an Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN), or a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Pass the NCLEX exam.
- Flexible work hours.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.