Interview Questions for Home Health Nurses:
1. How do you handle difficult patients? How do you deal with resistance?
Tests interpersonal skills.
2. Have you ever struggled to find a solution to a patient's health problem? What did you do?
Demonstrates critical thinking skills, the ability to determine the best course of action, and consideration for the patient's needs.
3. Have you ever had to relay bad news to a patient regarding their health? How did you handle the situation?
Demonstrates candidate's compassion for patients and interpersonal skills.
4. Describe a time when you noticed that a client's health was deteriorating. How did you handle the situation?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of how to handle difficult situations, how they report concerns, and how they treat the client.
5. Why did you become a home health nurse? What about the job appeals to you?
Reveals more about the candidate's personality. Look for candidates who exhibit kindness and empathy.