Patient Access Representatives assist patients with gaining access to medical healthcare facilities by preparing and processing information and paperwork required for admission, discharge, and billing.
The most suitable candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to perform under pressure. Be wary of candidates who lack compassion and patience.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Patient Access Representatives:
1. Can you describe your experience in medical office administration?
Reveals work experience and competence performing standard clerical tasks at a healthcare facility.
2. How do you maintain a good working knowledge of medical terminology and insurance policies?
Demonstrates the candidate's medical and insurance-related knowledge.
3. How do you handle frustrated and angry patients?
Shows the candidate's interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a professional demeanor. Look for candidates who demonstrate patience and compassion when dealing with patients.
4. How do you ensure that information collected and entered into the hospital database is accurate?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to maintain strong attention to detail.
5. How do you deal with stressful situations?
Reveals the candidate's ability to remain calm and collected under pressure.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources