Patient Access Representatives are the first point of contact at healthcare facilities and assist patients with the administrative aspect of gaining access to medical treatment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Patient Access Representative Job Description
We are looking for a Patient Access Representative to be the first point of contact for patients and assist them in obtaining medical care. The Patient Access Representative's responsibilities include collecting patient details, preparing admission and discharge documentation, explaining policies and procedures, and handling patient queries, concerns, and complaints.
To be successful as a Patient Access Representative you should be able to perform administrative tasks with high efficiency and always maintain a positive and professional demeanor. Ultimately, a top Patient Access Representative is compassionate and committed to helping people.
Patient Access Representative Responsibilities:
- Greeting patients and their caregivers on arrival.
- Collecting information such as patient details, medical history, billing, and insurance information, etc.
- Preparing patient admission and discharge documentation.
- Entering information into databases and maintaining accurate records.
- Relaying information to relevant staff members.
- Informing patients and their caregivers of hospital procedures, policies, and protocols.
- Providing patients with billing and payment information.
- Dealing with patient questions, concerns, and issues.
- Performing general administrative tasks.
Patient Access Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Experience in a clerical position preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance plans is beneficial.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry systems.
- Ability to multitask and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Compassionate and patient.
- Professional demeanor.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources