Patient Advocates, also known as Patient Navigators, guide patients through the healthcare system. They act as liaisons between patients and their healthcare providers, lawyers, insurance companies, and other entities that impact the patients' healthcare needs.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Patient Advocate Job Description Template
We are seeking a compassionate Patient Advocate to help our patients navigate the complexities and obstacles of the healthcare system. Your responsibilities include informing patients of their rights, responding to patient queries or complaints, resolving issues, and helping them with insurance claims and payments.
To be a successful Patient Advocate, you should have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the healthcare system. The best candidates will also be highly empathetic, and passionate about the well-being of patients.
Patient Advocate Responsibilities:
- Helping patients understand their insurance coverage.
- Working with medical facilities to create payment plans.
- Informing patients of their legal rights.
- Documenting patient complaints and taking necessary steps to resolve them.
- Reviewing patient paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
- Keeping the patient and their loved ones up to date on test results, diagnoses, treatments available, etc.
- Providing patients with all the information they need to make informed decisions about their healthcare.
Patient Advocate Requirements:
- High-school diploma.
- Degree in Health Administration or relevant field preferred.
- BCPA Certification.
- Experience working in the healthcare system.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of the complexities of the healthcare system.
- Ability to offer emotional support and sympathy.
- Passion for the well-being of patients.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources