Care Coordinators (or Patient Care Coordinators) are trained health professionals who coordinate treatment plans for patients suffering from a range of health issues. Ideal candidates will have proven experience in coordinating patient care and demonstrate compassion for others. Avoid those who lack empathy and strong organizational skills.
Interview Questions for Care Coordinators
1. Can you describe your strategy to ensure your patients receive the care they need?
Shows ability to organize oneself, handle multiple tasks, and communicate effectively.
2. How do you demonstrate empathy toward patients in a professional manner?
Reveals candidate's empathy, interpersonal skills, and willingness to provide quality healthcare.
3. How do you deal with conflicting demands from a patient, their family, and health care providers?
Demonstrates ability to listen to all parties with understanding and make an informed decision that is best for the patient's care.
4. Have you ever come across a stumbling block while coordinating care for a patient? If so, how did you resolve it?
Shows problem-solving skills, persistence, and ability to find alternate solutions.
5. What do you think are the most important skills for a Care Coordinator to have?
Reveals candidate's character and strengths and whether they are a good fit for the organization.