Care Coordinator Job Description Template
We are seeking a dedicated care coordinator to assist us with patients enrolled at our facility. You will be responsible for consulting with patients and determining their needs, developing care plans, coordinating patient-care services, educating them about their condition, and working with the care team to evaluate interventions.
The successful applicant will display a compassionate nature, be knowledgeable about health care practices, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Consult with patients and family members to discuss their health problems.
- Educate patients about their condition, medication, and give them specific instructions.
- Develop a care plan to address their personal health care needs.
- Consult and collaborate with other health care providers and specialists to set up patient appointments and treatment plans.
- Check-in on the patient regularly and evaluate and document their progress.
- Assist the care team with developing and assessing health interventions.
- Attend ongoing training and courses to keep abreast of new developments in health care.
- Assist with securing funding for medical care as required.
- Treat patients with empathy and respect and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Comply with organizational guidelines and health care laws and regulations.
- A BA/BS in Social Work, or a related field.
- Licence may be required.
- At least 3 years' experience in care coordination or clinical practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical thinking and the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent customer service.
- Compassion and empathy.
- Ability to travel.