A Care Coordinator (or Patient Care Coordinator) is a trained health professional that helps to manage a patient's care, for example, the elderly or disabled. They monitor and coordinate patients' treatment plans, educate them about their condition, connect them with health care providers, and evaluate their progress.
Care Coordinator Job Description Template
We are seeking a dedicated Care Coordinator to assist us with patients enrolled at our facility. You will be responsible for consulting with patients and determining their needs, developing care plans, coordinating patient-care services, educating them about their condition, and working with the care team to evaluate interventions.
The successful applicant will display a compassionate nature, be knowledgeable about health care practices, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Consult with patients and family members to discuss their health problems.
- Educate patients about their condition, medication, and give them specific instructions.
- Develop a care plan to address their personal health care needs.
- Consult and collaborate with other health care providers and specialists to set up patient appointments and treatment plans.
- Check-in on the patient regularly and evaluate and document their progress.
- Assist the care team with developing and assessing health interventions.
- Attend ongoing training and courses to keep abreast of new developments in health care.
- Assist with securing funding for medical care as required.
- Treat patients with empathy and respect and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Comply with organizational guidelines and health care laws and regulations.
- A BA/BS in Social Work, or related field.
- Licence may be required.
- At least 3 years' experience in care coordination or clinical practices.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent customer service.
- Compassion and empathy.
- Ability to travel.