Interview Questions for Patient Representatives:
1. Describe a time when you had to maintain discretion and did so successfully. How did you do this?
Evidences an ability to handle confidential/sensitive information.
2. How do you ensure that your daily tasks are completed efficiently and effectively?
Demonstrates organizational ability.
3. A patient notifies you that their insurance claim has been denied. What process do you follow to help them appeal the decision?
Displays knowledge of medical insurance processes.
4. How do you assist, and calm down, an angry patient over the phone?
Illustrates interpersonal skills.
5. You receive a complaint about a doctor from one of their patients. How do you handle the situation?
Tests conflict resolution skills.