Patient Liaison Job Description Template
We are looking for a patient liaison with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with patients and their families. The patient liaison consults patients to gauge their satisfaction with their care, collect patient information and elevate any concerns to healthcare providers.
To be successful as a patient liaison you must be compassionate while remaining professional. A good patient liaison maintains positive relationships with patients as well as healthcare providers to successfully mediate complaints.
Patient Liaison Responsibilities:
- Meet with patients to discuss the quality of their care.
- Explain medical insurance coverage and policies to patients.
- Collect information about the patient's treatment progress.
- Inform healthcare providers of any questions or complaints from patients.
- Inform families about patients' treatment progress.
Patient Liaison Requirements:
- A degree in psychology, social work or a related field.
- Prior experience in healthcare.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- An understanding of medical insurance policies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Relative physical strength to lift or move patients.
- Qualification to perform CPR.