A Medical Biller is in charge of calculating and collecting payments for medical procedures and services. Their work includes updating patient data, developing payment plans, and preparing invoices. They work in medical administrative offices to ensure that patients are billed quickly and accurately.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Medical Biller Job Description Template:
We are seeking a qualified and dedicated Medical Biller to join our administrative office. In this position, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation, and sound judgment. As our Medical Biller, your daily duties will include maintaining billing software, appealing denied claims, and recording late payments.
To succeed in this role, you must possess in-depth knowledge of billing software and medical insurance policies. The ideal candidate must also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as communicating with clients and various insurance agents will form a large part of the job.
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due for medical procedures and services.
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Examine patient bills for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims.
- Help patients develop patient payment plans.
- Maintain billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Accounting or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Medical Biller or similar role.
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.