A Collections Specialist coordinates and supports the execution of a company’s accounts. They are responsible for overseeing all aspects of a company’s credit and collections department including monitoring negligent accounts, maintaining payment records, and establishing credit limits.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Collections Specialist Interview Questions:
1. How often would you follow up with clients? Justify your answer.
Demonstrates the candidate’s account management skills.
2. How would you keep track of payment records for each account?
Highlights the candidate’s administrative and organizational skills.
3. How would you handle an aggressive client?
Tests the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
4. Can you give an example of a time you convinced a client to pay off debt? Describe the steps you took.
Demonstrates the candidate’s negotiating skills.
5. Can you describe to us how you would build a successful relationship with a client?
Shows the candidate’s ability to establish relationships with clients.