Accounting Managers supervise the daily activities in the accounting department, analyze, records, track and audit financial information, and manage accounting staff members.
Accounting Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a knowledgeable Accounting Manager who can lead and motivate accounting staff members and increase department accuracy and efficiency. The Accounting Manager will delegate, supervise, and participate in accounting department tasks, oversee the recording, tracking, and reporting of financial information, hire, train, and motivate accounting staff members, develop and implement department controls and procedures, and ensure that the department operates efficiently without sacrificing accuracy.
. To succeed as an Accounting Manager, you should be analytical, detail-oriented, and honest. The ideal Accounting Manager should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as strong understanding of accounting and management principles and financial legislation
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, and motivating accounting staff members while supervising and delegating department tasks.
- Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Overseeing the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensuring that all accounting processes align with GAAP and current financial legislation.
- Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors or lenders.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed.
- Assisting other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions which could have a financial impact on the business.
- Keeping informed about the latest developments in the finance industry.
Accounting Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Experience in Management, Accounting, or related field may be preferred.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
- Exceptional math skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and MS Office.
- High level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and company regulations.
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of data.