Accounting Interns have the opportunity to learn and gain first-hand experience in a real accounting department or an accounting firm. They help perform research, prepare financial reports, and assist with reconciling accounts and other duties, as needed.
Accounting Intern Job Description Template
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with bookkeeping software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Some companies may require a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Accounting Intern FAQ:
What is an accounting internship?
The goal of an accounting internship is to help interns learn more about daily accounting tasks and activities. Accounting internship duties may include shadowing accounting department staff members, assisting with the financial report preparation process, and learning to track and analyze financial information. When you advertise an accounting internship job, start by adding to our accounting internship posting template to ensure that applicants understand the accounting intern duties and responsibilities at your organization.
Can I customize your accounting internship job description sample?
Our accounting internship job description can be customized to better reflect your company’s needs. When you’re ready to post an accounting internship job, edit or add to the accounting department duties, expand on the qualities you’re looking for, and explain the skills needed for accounting jobs at your company.
What do I need to include in my accounting internship job description?
When you advertise an accounting internship job, you should list the skills, qualities, and qualifications that would make a candidate a great fit for your team. Start with our accounting internship posting template and feel free to add additional duties and requirements.
Do you have some examples of accounting intern interview questions?
We have interview questions to go will all of our job descriptions.
After you have reviewed our accounting internship posting example and created a job description, feel free to look over our accounting internship interview questions.