The Bookkeeper is the central hub for nearly all the financial and payroll information in a company. They will be tasked with paying bills, collecting debts, running payroll, and submitting all government forms, sales tax payments, and payroll deductions.
Bookkeeper Job Description Template
We would like to hire a Bookkeeper to take care of all our company day to day financial tasks. You will be responsible for both accounts payable and receivable along with all payroll and bank account management and reconciliation tasks. To do well in this role you should have previous experience as a Bookkeeper and have used Xero or Quickbooks.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Reconcile sales taxes, payroll taxes, 401k, and bank accounts at the end of each month.
- Monitor financial transactions and reports.
- Process accounts receivable and payable.
- Process checks.
- Understand ledgers.
- Work with an accountant when necessary.
- Handle monthly payroll using accounting software.
- Associate's degree in accounting or business administration. Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- At least two years bookkeeping experience, preferably within a business-services environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Experience with accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks, or MYOB.
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement.