Bookkeeper Job Description Template
We would like to hire a Bookkeeper to take care of all our company day to day financial tasks. You will be responsible for both accounts payable and receivable along with all payroll and bank account management and reconciliation tasks. To do well in this role you should have previous experience as a Bookkeeper and have used Xero or Quickbooks.
- Recording day-to-day financial transactions and completing the posting process.
- Reconciling sales taxes, payroll taxes, 401k, and bank accounts at the end of each month.
- Monitoring financial transactions and reports.
- Processing accounts receivable and payable.
- Processing checks.
- Understanding ledgers.
- Working with an accountant when necessary.
- Handling monthly payroll using accounting software.
- Associate's degree in accounting or business administration. Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably within a business-services environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Experience with accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks, or MYOB.
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement.