Accounting Assistants support the Accounting department by performing clerical tasks, including processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and budgets, fielding communications with clients and vendors, fact checking, filing, and other duties, as needed.
Accounting Assistant Job Description Template
We are searching for a motivated Accounting Assistant who is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. Accounting Assistants can expect to assist the Accounting department with data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports. You should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills.
To be a successful Accounting Assistant, you should have an understanding of basic Accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software, such as MS Excel or Quickbooks. You should be trustworthy, efficient, and organized.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
- Providing support to the Accounting Department.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in related field with work experience.
- More education, experience, or additional certifications and licenses may be required.
- Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic Accounting principles.
- Professional manner and strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.