Accounting Clerks assist the Accounting Department with many of its administrative and clerical duties. They perform basic office tasks, assist with bookkeeping and reporting, and research and resolve discrepancies.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Accounting Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized, efficient Accounting Clerk with an eye for detail and high level of accuracy. Accounting Clerks can expect to handle communications with vendors, clients, and internal departments, assist with inventory, database, and record maintenance, prepare financial reports, issue checks and making deposits, and generally ensure that the office operations are running smoothly. You should be professional and courteous with strong computer skills and a thorough understanding of accounting and financial principles.
To succeed as an Accounting Clerk, you should be a skilled multi-tasker with excellent time management, computer, and communication skills. Candidates should understand and abide by all accounting procedure and principles and have a commitment behaving ethically in the workplace.
Accounting Clerk Responsibilities:
- Performing basic office tasks, including answering phones, responding to emails, processing mail, filing, etc.
- Maintaining a database, ensuring that records are complete and current.
- Recording information, processing, and filing forms.
- Preparing checks, deposits, budgets, and financial reports.
- Updating ledgers, researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles.
- Responding appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests.
- Ensuring Accounting Department runs smoothly and efficiently.
Accounting Clerk Requirements:
- High School Diploma is required, more education and experience is generally preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting procedures and principles.
- Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information.
- High level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills.
- Computer literacy and strong typing skills, experience with accounting software may be required.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to comply with all company, local, state, and federal financial regulations.