Accounting Clerks assist their department by performing office tasks, assisting with bookkeeping and reporting, checking facts, and handling other clerical duties. Ideal candidates will behave courteously and ethically and have a strong understanding of accounting principles. Avoid candidates who lack bookkeeping or customer service skills.
Interview Questions for Accounting Clerks
1. What is your experience with ledgers and financial reporting?
Displays technical skills.
2. Have you ever assisted with an audit or resolving a discrepancy? Describe your role.
Demonstrates candidate’s experience with discrepancy resolution.
3. Tell about your experience with database maintenance.
Shows candidate’s level of comfort with typing and data entry.
4. What duties do you expect to perform as an Accounting Clerk?
Reveals job expectations.
5. Why is important to abide by accounting regulations?
Shows an interest in complying with rules.
Post a Accounting Clerk job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission