Accounting Assistants support the Accounting Department by handling clerical tasks, such as phone calls, filing, reception, paperwork, fact checking, and basic bookkeeping. Ideal candidates will be have strong communication, computer, and accounting skills. Avoid lethargic or inattentive candidates.
Interview Questions for Accounting Assistants
1. What daily tasks do you expect to perform? What is the importance of this role?
Conveys job expectations.
2. How would you handle an audit or discrepancy?
Shows research and problem-solving skills.
3. Do you have experience with accounting software? Which ones?
Demonstrates computer skills.
4. Tell about a time when you successfully multitasked.
Shows ability to manage time.
5. Describe your experience with applying accounting principles.
Demonstrates accounting skills.
Post a Accounting Assistant job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission