Accounting Interns take part in the day-to-day operations of a real accounting department in gain first-hand industry experience. Successful candidates will be professional, responsible, and eager to learn. Avoid candidates who lack a basic understanding of accounting terms and principles.
Interview Questions for Accounting Interns
1. What is the most challenging aspect of accounting for you? Why?
Reveals current weaknesses and areas for growth.
2. Describe your career goals and what you’d ultimately like to do with your degree in accounting.
Shows what candidate would like to learn.
3. Tell about your experience with bookkeeping software and MS Office.
Demonstrates proficiency with computers.
4. Describe the three main financial statements and your experience preparing them.
Shows job knowledge.
5. What tasks do you think accountants perform on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis?
Reveals understanding of the position.