Accountants help businesses make financial decisions by collecting, tracking, correcting, and communicating the financial position of the company. They record transactions, compile and analyze data, perform audits, assist with budgets and financial forecasting, compute taxes, and report their findings to management and other entities, such as the IRS or investors.
Accountant Job Description Template
We are seeking trustworthy candidates who work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy. Accountants can expect to work with large amounts of numerical data, handle multiple tasks with deadlines, and provide transparent and complete reports to management. You should have a firm grasp of accounting and financial practices and regulations and possess strong computer and verbal and written communication skills.
To ensure success, Accountants should be prompt, honest detail-oriented, professional, and analytical. Top candidates will have excellent presentation skills with the ability to successfully communicate complex quantitative data to decision makers.
- Complying with all company, local, state, and federal accounting and financial regulations.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial data.
- Creating periodic reports, such as balance sheets, profit & loss statements, etc.
- Presenting data to managers, investors, and other entities.
- Maintaining accurate financial records.
- Performing audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Computing taxes.
- Keeping informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
- Assisting management in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- More education or experience may be preferred.
- Special licenses or certification may be required.
- Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills.
- Understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes.
- Ethical behavior.
- Attention to detail.
Post a Accountant job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission