The role of a Collections Specialist is to serve as the liaison between the creditors and consumers of a company. They are in charge of observing accounts to identify overdue payments, report collection activity, address client queries, and develop repayment plans. Also known as a Collections Agent.
Collections Specialist Job Description:
Our company is looking for an experienced and motivated Collections Specialist to join our dynamic Collections team. Your duties will include processing customer refunds, reviewing account alterations, resolving client inconsistencies, and collecting overdue payments.
The role requires someone with the ability to balance between maintaining trustful relationships and guaranteeing timely payments. You should possess outstanding communication and negotiation skills, as well as an in-depth knowledge of laws and policies related to debt collection.
- Supervise assigned accounts to identify unresolved debts.
- Develop effective repayment plans.
- Follow-up with clients on overdue accounts.
- Oversee all monthly payments and refunds.
- Research and implement effective collection techniques.
- Perform all administrative duties related to ensuring office efficiency.
- Create monthly credit records.
- Respond to client account queries in a timely and professional manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of billing and collection processes.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly-skilled in negotiation.
- In-depth knowledge of laws and policies related to debt collection.
- Good administrative skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources