Medical Biller Interview Questions:
1. Can you describe an effective method you use to ensure the accuracy of medical records?
Reveals the candidate’s experience in a similar position.
2. You are notified that an insurance claim was denied. What process do you follow to appeal the decision?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of medical insurance processes.
3. What billing software have you worked with?
Highlights the candidate’s experience working with billing software.
4. What important patient information do you need to form an effective payment plan?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of payment plans.
5. What was the most hostile payment collection call you've ever dealt with? How did you handle it?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication skills.