Patient Representatives, also known as Patient Services Representatives, ensure that patients are informed, updated, and assisted, when necessary. This includes determining patient needs by interviewing patients, listening to their concerns, and making sure those needs are met by liaising with patients, family members, and medical staff.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Patient Representative Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized Patient Representative to join our medical practice. You will be responsible for an array of activities related to patient intake and care, including greeting and checking-in patients, as well as verifying information supplied by patients. You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate exceptional multitasking abilities.
To be successful as a Patient Representative you must be able to facilitate and coordinate communication between patients, family members, and medical staff.
Patient Representative Responsibilities:
- Greeting and directing patients to examination rooms.
- Scheduling patient appointments and making reminder calls.
- Informing patients about delays and waiting times.
- Obtaining patients’ addresses, contact details, insurance information, and medical histories.
- Updating and verifying patient information at every visit.
- Assisting patients in filling out patient history forms, consent forms, and payment contract forms, when necessary.
- Receiving and processing cash and credit card payments for medical services rendered.
- Reviewing patient accounts, identifying delinquent accounts, and collecting overdue payments.
- Answering, investigating, and/or directing patient inquiries or complaints to the appropriate medical staff member.
- Following up with patients to ensure their inquiry or complaint has been satisfactorily resolved.
- Performing administrative and clerical duties, such as filing paperwork, when necessary.
Patient Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Experience working as a Patient Representative.
- Knowledge of medical terms and practices.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.)
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources