Interview Questions for Patient Navigators:
1. What would you do if the patient and their spouse disagree about what is best for the patient?
Tests the candidate's ability to listen to a loved one's concerns, but to act in accordance with the patient's best interests.
2. What is one of the most challenging aspects of the healthcare system you've navigated patients through?
Tests the candidate's experience, problem-solving skills, perseverance, and ability to successfully guide patients through challenges.
3. A patient's insurance won't cover their medical procedure. How do you proceed?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of what options are available to the patient, such as appealing the decision or setting up a payment plan.
4. What do you think are the most important rights a patient should know about?
Tests the candidate's passion for patient well-being, and their knowledge of healthcare rights.
5. What would you do if you thought a doctor was behaving negligently?
Tests the candidate's ability to resolve critical issues and act in the patient's best interests.