Paraprofessional Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate paraprofessional to assist our teachers with classroom lessons, activities, organization, and management, as well as assisting special needs students. The Paraprofessional's responsibilities include assisting the teacher with teaching new concepts or translating information for students to understand better, supervising students, and providing students with a positive, nurturing guide. The paraprofessional will deal with students, parents, staff, and the community in a professional manner, and follow and uphold school rules and standards.
To be successful as a paraprofessional, you should demonstrate patience, compassion, and empathy when dealing with students, as well as professionalism when representing the school. You should have strong management and organizational skills, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Participating in lesson planning sessions, and communicating with parents and school officials.
- Co-teaching lessons under the Teacher's guidance, leading small groups or individual instruction and discussions, and reviewing classwork.
- Organizing the classroom and teaching materials, monitoring the classroom during lessons, and minimizing distractions and disruptions.
- Supervising students in and out of the classroom.
- Attending to students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs.
- Helping Teachers and students with extracurricular activities and school functions.
- Performing clerical duties, such as tracking student attendance, typing, filing, photocopying, and grading tests and homework.
- Ensuring the upkeep of educational materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Tracking students' progress and preparing reports for the parents.
- Assisting Teachers in counseling parents on the requirements and development of their children.
- A paraprofessional associate's degree.
- A bachelor's degree in child development or a related field may be advantageous.
- Recent first aid and CPR certifications.
- Experience working with children and special needs students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with educational software.