Also known as a Teacher's Assistant, Teacher Aides help teachers by working with students to ensure that content is understood and that students are given individual attention in class.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Teacher Aide Job Description Template
We are looking for a bright, compassionate Teacher Aide to assist students in the classroom by assessing where individuals are struggling with content and to relay this to the teacher. You should be able to identify students who are falling behind in classes and help with discipline in the classroom.
A successful Teacher Aide should help teachers intuitively by considering means to make lesson execution easier. This may include preparing classroom activities, setting up the computer lab or grading papers.
Teacher Aide Responsibilities:
- Identify students who are struggling in class.
- Patrol the playground between classes.
- Set up the computer lab before class.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom.
- Grade papers.
Teacher Aide Requirements:
- A high school degree or equivalent.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Education or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with children would be advantageous.
- Well-organized with excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices.