Teacher Aide Job Description Template
We are looking for a bright, compassionate teacher aide to assist students in the classroom by assessing where individuals are struggling with content and relaying this to the teacher. You should be able to identify students who are falling behind in classes and help with discipline in the classroom.
A successful teacher aide should help teachers intuitively by considering means to make lesson execution easier. This may include preparing classroom activities, setting up the computer lab, or grading papers.
Teacher Aide Responsibilities:
- Identifying students who are struggling in class.
- Patrolling the playground between classes.
- Setting up the computer lab before class.
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom.
- Grading papers.
Teacher Aide Requirements:
- A high school degree or equivalent.
- A bachelor's degree in education or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with children would be advantageous.
- Well-organized with excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices.