Interview Questions for Music Directors:
1. What are your three favorite aspects of being a music director and why?
Reveals candidates’ interests, possible strengths, and also highlights potential weaknesses.
2. Can you describe how you would go about coordinating a music rehearsal?
Tests organizational, time management, and planning skills.
3. Describe a performance you directed that went really well. What did you learn?
Reveals skill level, experience, and willingness to learn.
4. How do you ensure a production stays within the allocated budget?
Tests budgeting skills and resource management.
5. Describe a time when you helped performers resolve conflict. What happened?
Tests conflict resolution, communication, and interpersonal skills.