Merchandising Managers are analytical professionals who specialize in sourcing, managing, and curating a company's products and promotional material. Duties fulfilled by Merchandising Managers include overseeing the buying process, forecasting inventory demands and trends, and negotiating with suppliers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Merchandising Manager Job Description Template
Our growing retail company is looking to appoint a talented and experienced Merchandising Manager to create, oversee, and implement merchandising strategies. You will manage a team of marketing and merchandising professionals to ensure that all deadlines, inventory requirements, and customer orders are completed in a timely manner.
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented and deadline-driven individual with experience managing a small to medium-size team. This role also requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a creative eye for sourcing and presenting garments and accessories.
Merchandising Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of merchandising strategies.
- Creating eye-catching store layouts that showcase the brand and aesthetic of the company.
- Negotiating the costs of inventory for multiple stores.
- Preparing annual and quarterly budgets, and presenting them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Tracking inventory movement and systematically introducing promotions, sales, price changes, etc.
- Identifying trends and monitoring supply and demand.
- Collaborating with the marketing department to brainstorm new projects, campaigns, and business ideas.
- Interpreting sales reports and providing guidance on how to improve figures and customer engagement.
Merchandising Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Management, Retail, or a related field is an added bonus.
- A minimum of five years' experience in a managerial position.
- A background in Marketing, Communications, and/or Design is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be creative and detail-orientated.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources