Merchandise Associates stock shelves, arrange merchandise and maintain a visually appealing store front. Merchandise Associates also support the sales floor with other tasks and facilitate positive shopping experiences.
When interviewing Merchandise Associates the most suitable candidate will demonstrate a compelling and proactive personality with a passion for organizing and arranging displays. Avoid candidates with poor personal presentation and a lethargic demeanor.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Merchandise Associates
1. What do customers notice first when they enter a store?
Tests the candidate's knowledge and experience of what customers will pay attention to when entering a store. Look for candidates who make the link between physical elements in the store and a customer's first impression.
2. You witnessed a customer damage a product and replace it on the shelf. How would you handle this situation?
Reveals a candidate's customer service skills.
3. What would you tell a customer who is angry and frustrated because the item they want to buy is out of stock?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal skills and reveals their inclination to help the customer with alternative recommendations.
4. How would you react if you are busy restocking shelves and a colleague asks you to cover the register while they are on lunch break?
Reveals the candidate's helpfulness and readiness to take on other tasks on short notice.
5. If you were to rearrange our storefront window, what would you change?
Allows the candidate to demonstrate their ability to arrange an appealing product display and explain their reasoning.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources