Inventory Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented, hard-working inventory clerk with warehouse experience and excellent math and communication skills. Your responsibilities would include maintaining inventory records, training less experienced clerks, and preparing balance and shortages reports. Inventory clerks can expect to work long hours sometimes and might have to travel occasionally.
Successful inventory clerks should have exceptional math and analytical skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills. Ideal candidates are physically fit and have warehouse experience, a working knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet software, and a valid driver’s license.
Inventory Clerk Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and updating records.
- Counting materials, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock.
- Reporting discrepancies between physical counts and computer records.
- Developing or improving upon inventory management procedures.
- Stocking and distributing supplies, equipment or merchandise.
- Compiling balance, price and cost reports.
Inventory Clerk Requirements:
- High School Diploma.
- 2+ years experience in inventory control.
- Excellent math and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Forklift experience beneficial.