Merchandise Associate Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail oriented merchandise associate to maintain a neat and clean sales floor, arrange merchandise in a visually appealing manner and provide customers with a winning shopping experience. The merchandise associate's responsibilities include stocking store front shelves, entering products into the store inventory system, applying price tags, arranging product displays and maintaining an appealing shopping environment. You should also be able to provide friendly customer service and be prepared to perform any additional duties, such as running the cash register, should the need arise.
To be successful as a merchandise associate, you should have a positive attitude and enjoy organizing and arranging merchandise to create superior customer experiences. The ideal candidate will also be an effective team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Merchandise Associate Responsibilities:
- Receiving new merchandise and stocking shelves on the sales floor.
- Restocking and neatly repacking unsold items onto shelves.
- Preparing merchandise for purchase by entering items into store inventory and applying sales tags.
- Assembling product displays, dressing mannequins and arranging merchandise in store front windows.
- Performing other duties, such as attending the cash register, returns and exchanges or stock take, as assigned.
- Promoting products and store loyalty programs during customer interactions.
- Providing outstanding customer experiences.
- Maintaining an organized and clean sales floor.
- Promoting a positive store culture.
Merchandise Associate Requirements:
- Previous experience in retail, inventory or merchandising beneficial.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Computer literate.
- Customer focused.