Interview Questions for Retail Merchandisers:
1. When tasked with checking on multiple displays, how would you manage your duties?
Reveals organizational and time management skills.
2. How would you promote the sale of unpopular items?
Tests familiarity with product arrangement strategies, plus knowledge about the appropriate time to place items on clearance.
3. How would you secure preferential rates on stock?
Highlights bargaining skills.
4. Which strategies would you use to obtain feedback from customers?
Demonstrates market research and interpersonal skills.
5. How would you remain abreast of trends without sacrificing profitability?
Assesses research skills and the ability to take calculated risks.