Retail Merchandiser Job Description Template
We are looking for a discerning retail merchandiser to plan and promote the sale of our offerings. The retail merchandiser will be responsible for displaying products, monitoring inventory, and tracking sales at designated stores. You should also use insights derived from your own market research to inform new product promotions and discounts.
To ensure success as a retail merchandiser, you should possess expert time management skills and a legitimate interest in fulfilling customers' expectations. Outstanding Retail Merchandisers will combine their knowledge of marketing with findings from behavioral psychology to enhance the sale of our products.
Retail Merchandiser Responsibilities:
- Securing the most lucrative spots in each store and positioning products in an appealing manner.
- Keeping a regular check on inventory to ensure that stores are furnished with sufficient supplies at all times.
- Clearing expired, broken, and otherwise unsuitable products from the displays.
- Tracking sales to monitor the performance of each core product.
- Suggesting special offers and discounts on products.
- Advocating for the replenishment of supplies, if appropriate.
- Conducting one-on-one interviews, focus groups, and survey research to ascertain the viability of items, product-related concerns, and possible gaps in the market.
- Motivating for the discontinuation of items that have not gained traction.
- Maintaining cordial relationships with all stakeholders to uphold our reputation and to promote our endeavors.
- Performing competitor analyses to ensure that we always stay ahead of the game.
Retail Merchandiser Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, or another relevant field is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience as a retail merchandiser, visual merchandiser, or similar.
- Computer literate.
- Experience conducting market research.
- Ability to create appropriate and engaging product displays.
- Knowledge of pertinent statistical procedures to facilitate data analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Attentive to stockists' and consumers' needs.
- Professional and polite.