Merchandising Manager Interview Questions:
1. What are your methods for managing the buying process?
Tests candidates' organizational skills and management style.
2. What is your idea of a good product display?
Highlights candidates' experience designing store layouts and displays.
3. Describe a time when you successfully negotiated a discount. What happened?
Illustrates candidates' ability to negotiate contracts and interpersonal skills, as well as their experience negotiating costs.
4. How would you prepare a merchandising budget for a campaign?
Tests candidates' experience drafting budgets and managing projects.
5. How do you manage unexpected increases in demand?
Examines candidates' problem-solving and analytical skills.