Mental Health Specialists use their knowledge of mental illness and human psychology to help manage and treat patients with mental illnesses such as anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, dementia, post-traumatic stress, and more.
When interviewing Mental Health Specialists, look for candidates who demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of mental disorders and show a genuine interest in the well-being of patients. Avoid candidates who lack compassion and struggle to work as part of a team.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Mental Health Specialists:
1. What motivated you to become a Mental Health Specialist?
Illustrates motivations and may reveal important personality traits required in this role.
2. What are the primary goals of cognitive behavioral therapy?
Assesses understanding of cognitive behavioral therapy.
3. A patient presents with severe anxiety. What course of action do you follow?
Tests the ability to think under pressure and to use appropriate relaxation techniques in difficult cases.
4. What type(s) of therapies have you been most successful using, and why?
Tests knowledge and application of different therapy types, as well as experience level.
5. Which patients would you most like to work with, and why?
Reveals interests, passions, and overall suitability for the role. May also outline long-term career goals.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources