Interview Questions for Mental Health Specialists:
1. What motivated you to become a mental health specialist?
Illustrates motivations and may reveal important personality traits required in this role.
2. What are the primary goals of cognitive-behavioral therapy?
Assesses understanding of cognitive-behavioral therapy.
3. A patient presents with severe anxiety. What course of action do you follow?
Tests the ability to think under pressure and to use appropriate relaxation techniques in difficult cases.
4. What type(s) of therapies have you been most successful using, and why?
Tests knowledge and application of different therapy types, as well as experience level.
5. Which patients would you most like to work with, and why?
Reveals interests, passions, and overall suitability for the role. May also outline long-term career goals.